Sunday, March 6, 2011

One Thousand Gifts

I've been following a blog lately: A Holy Experience, which is written by another stay at home momma who has dedicated her life to the Lord and finding joy in the little things. She wrote a book- One Thousand Gifts, all about her life and her passion. I'm totally loving the idea of this- finding precious, beautiful moments in the small things. So, slowly, I'll be making my own list of 1,000 joys. Here's the beginning:

  1. Aaron (my kiddo). There's never a time when his gentle touch and smile can't turn a foul mood around. He's precious, a true gift, and a blessing to say the least.
  2. Mike (The hubbster). I've not always appreciated him for what he is: my best friend, my protector, my peaceful spot in the crazy.
  3. Warm Earl Grey tea- possibly the best part of my morning. A little bit of french vanilla creamer, two sugar cubes, and I'm in heaven.
  4. Words of wisdom- in my 25 years, I've made some mistakes. But I've also side-stepped some horrible pitfalls due to the wisdom shared with me by friends, family, and strangers even. God knows where I'd be without them.
  5. The green quilt I made for the Aar-bear when we was born is possibly my most treasured possession to date. I can't put my finger on it, but I think it might be because it's become the centerpiece of our living room- just like Aaron has become the center of our lives.
  6. My bunny slippers- I live in Minnesota. Of course I love my slippers.
  7. Laptops- it's silly, but I'm thankful for 'em.
  8. Aaron kisses are sweet, gentle, and sometimes sloppy. But precious.
  9. Dinner together every evening is a good time for us. Sure, Aaron fights his booster seat, Mike's tired and zoned out from a long day of work, and my back hurts, but looking around that little kitchen table, seeing those smiling (or un-smiling) faces- there may be no better feeling.
  10. My journal- I don't write in it much, to be honest. But in the hard times, I do. And now, I've got pages upon pages filled with stories of struggles, but most importantly, victories. Someday, I'll share them with my children maybe. Maybe not.
So, I know, it's only 10, but I fully intend on finishing. Check out the book, and come back for more thankfulness- maybe start a list of your own.

holy experience

No comments:

Post a Comment