Monday, May 24, 2010

My Addiction to Raspberries

Let me set the scene for you: it's mid-summer, and a young girl (me) is spending her first long visit with her boyfriend's family at their cabin. She's packed all her cute summer outfits- making sure to be good-looking AND respectful. She's packed make-up, but not too much. She even bought a new bathing suit that she hopes will satisfy her boyfriend AND not offend the parents. The week starts off wonderfully. They fish, swim, and chat, play games and enjoy hot chocolate. It's really going well.

Now let's pause. You know I'm not going to tell you a big long story about how I met my husband's parents, totally wowed them, and then the end. Oh no, sister, it gets better.

On the third day of the trip, Mike's wonderful mom made supper. It was great. I made sure to eat just enough to let her know I enjoyed it, but not so much as to embarrass myself. Then came dessert: vanilla ice cream with raspberries fresh picked from the garden. Man, it was good. So good, in fact, that I helped myself to a second helping of raspberries. Then a third. Then, because no one else was eating them, I stopped dishing myself more and just started eating them right out of the pint container. And I ate. And ate. And ate.

And they all just sat there watching me.

As much as this sounds like I should have stopped- stopped eating, stopped making a fool of myself- I couldn't. It was one of those moments where the dang food just tasted so good, it didn't matter what happened or who watched, I wasn't stopping.

By the time I got to the bottom of the container, I (no lie) had red lips and an aching tummy. I was sicker than sick. And the potential inlaws? Not impressed.

Needless to say, we all got over it. I now stick to ONE portion of raspberries, and they make sure to rib me about my obsessive binge any time they can. But now, oh ladies, NOW, I can indulge on raspberries any time I want with no reprocussions- with the new paper pack set we made up- appropriately titled "Raspberry":


These five juicy papers are now on sale at ShellinaScrap on Etsy!

Feel free to grab yourself a pint and enjoy to your little heart's content! No one's counting on this binge!

Happy (and yummy) scrapping!

-Shellina

No comments:

Post a Comment